Pages

Saturday, February 15, 2014

I think I've finally found the Post format I like...

What my desk has been looking like recently...

So, looks like I've finally found a review layout I like. If you've been over to Amanda's blog Outside Seoul lately and read her post on marathoning White Christmas - that's the layout. A post dissecting episodes without being recaps because I'm horrible at those. Kind of odd for a supposed-to-be review blog, yes, but I have 4 movie reviews and 2 drama reviews sitting in my drafts folder never to be written.

Why? Because I just don't think of my dramas that way. I think of my dramas episode by episode, plot twist by plot twist. If I try and write a review after I've finished the show, I've usually ran out of steam for it. I'm not very good at analyzing things and breaking them down as a whole. I always did terrible in literature classes with those kinds of assignments. The teachers who wanted us to break things down every couple of chapters? I did pretty good on those essays and worksheet - at least, I can read them without cringing excessively. 


Pretty much, the new layouts are going to span the entire series that I may be watching at that time and are just going to be the thoughts I have on those particular characters and plot twists and things during those episodes. After I've finished the whole series, I might write a full-fledged review of it. It'll be easier for my by far since I'll have the previous episodic breakdown to look at for notes and remember what I was feeling at the time of writing it compared to when I've finished.

The biggest improvement this will hopefully lead me to is actually sticking with the shows I pick up and helping me to get this blog actually up and running. I've been procrastinating (and telling myself I'm a crap writer who has no business burdening the internet with my unimportant ramblings on entertainment) and also seriously lacking on actually consuming any dramas. 

I'm going to start with the same drama she did - White Christmas. I have to know more about these characters now and who done it! I'm not sure how this format will work for less addicting plot lines (like family dramas, for example), but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. 

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got anything you want to say? Leave a comment! (No pressure.)