Pages

Friday, November 1, 2013

A Blocktober Halloween!

Aren't these costumes amazing?

I hope everyone's had a joyous Halloween filled with laughter and plenty of sweet treats ;) I thought I'd review Block B's promotional outfits and costumes since Halloween and the last day of Blocktober just happened! I'll be grading the outfits from debut to their current comeback (with one or two stages) from each promotional period. The grading system is ridiculously simple with HIT if I thought the outfits were good, and a MISS if I thought the outfits were bad. Let's get started, then!



그대로 멈춰라! (Freeze!) HIT

I actually love these looks. They just look really good in black, don't they? I love both the casual look in the first picture and the studded outfits in the second picture. It's so casual yet it's cool. Like, I can completely see these guys wearing this outside in public and totally loving it. I have to say I think P.O. looks the best in the studs. The casual black outfits are pretty much the same, it's more how they're wearing them than the actual clothes themselves (P.O., U-Kwon and Taeil look very sexy in the picture, though).
Now this one? Haaaaaaate it. Let's just pretend this one does not exist, 'kay? The only people who look even remotely good here are Zico, B-Bomb and Jaehyo and that's only because they're wearing solid colors. Zico looks the best by far in his military-themed suit. I'd wear it but... that's the only one I'd even get close too. What is it with k-pop idols and being styled horribly? (look at their faces... I think they know they look horrible... xD) Orange isn't really their color, either...


가서 전해 (Tell Them) MISS


I didn't even want to put pictures of this concept up but... I think I have to. OTL This yellow look just sucks. I can't say anything positive about it at ALL. If I have to say anything about it, doesn't Jaehyo's outfit kind of look like a school uniform? Or an Air force pilot's uniform? Just a uniform, really. 




This purple and blue concept photo is okaaaay but... I still don't like it very much. The only good ones this time around are the ones with as little of the patterned-and-blue fabric as possible. I would not wear U-Kwon or B-Bomb's outfits ever. Well... maybe for money. Oh, who am I kidding, I'd wear them for money. They're not that bad. But I still don't like them. At least Zico's hair isn't that bad. Not as bad as the ponytail one above.




난리나 (NalinA) HIT 
The only problem I had was when U-Kwon's collar was
closed and the scarf thing that was around B-Bomb's neck.

I seriously don't think I can rave about Nalina enough. This was the music video that made me fall in love with Block B. I'd seen their other videos and liked their music okay but, this? This I loved. L. O. V. E. Loved. The video was kind of lack-luster in plot but I could forgive these boys anything because holy hell, have you seen them? They were hawt for this concept. The videos, photos, the album itself just oozed this swagger that I hadn't really seen nor heard before in K-pop. I love the Gorilla dance, I love their fur jackets, I love their hair, I love their make-up. I don't think there is a single thing from this era that I didn't like -- love. It's pretty amazing. I do think it's interesting that from this point on, Taeil stopped trying to appear sexy and has since had this dorky look for himself. It's kind of awesome. I think I like dorky Taeil better than hawt Taeil, actually... He seems much happier this way and definitely more like himself. Besides, let's be honest, who can resist dorky? I'm just going to leave these picture now for you to ogle- I mean.. artfully observe... xD Enjoy! (And U-Kwon. Tha's all 'm saying.)




닐리리맘보 (Nillili Mambo) HIT

They're pirates. How can you not like fictional pirates? This music video concept was hilarious and cemented myself as a permanent BBC. The only thing I didn't like was Taeil bouncing back from being kinda sorta almost dorky with glasses in NalinA to being sexy gangster-pirate with a bandana around his head. His hair and the bandana just don't do it for me. I liked Jaehyo and P.O.'s longish hair for this concept but -- and I hate to say this -- I didn't love it. It's kinda just these photo because the music video has their hair in ponytails and I liked that much better. Everything else though? LOVE. Even Zico's dreads! And we all remember how horribly it went the first time around... *cringes* I'm a sucker for a guy in a well-tailored suit, too, and them in formal wear for the gangster part in their gangster-pirate theme was awesome. I also loved the play with colors. Black and bronze were the base colors with blue, pink, red, and even some stylish grays as the "pop" colors creating visual interest. With them all playing different characters, the different outfits were needed to help create backgrounds and individuality for them. It was a nice addition, overall. I definitely liked the comedy route Block B took here and thought it was very them. 

빛이 되어줘 (Be The Light) HIT

 Now, talking about this single is pretty difficult because they only had about 4 stages total, including their showcase. I definitely liked their black and white outfits the best out of their performance clothes but, the music video was also very nice (very good!) and I liked the simplicity of it. Block B doesn't really do simple, so it was a nice change that wasn't too far from their roots. They seem like very laid-back, simple guys at heart so to see them in simple, yet still classy, outfits was honestly perfect. After all the guys had been through, and the current scene with loud colors and crazy styling, it was refreshing. And, you can't really not like the laid-back look the guys had. Black and white tee's with jeans and sport coats/blazers just really suits the ballad for which the looks belongs. I almost don't want them to have a choreography for this song, though. I feel like not only would they shine more without all of the moving around, but the song and stage outfits would be easier to take in, as well. One thing I didn't like: the skirts. Maybe that's just me, though. Also: I couldn't find many good screencaps through Google Images so, I had to take my own. I forgot Prnt Scrn doesn't do multiples, though, so a couple of the photos were lost. OTL
This was the best I could do. Also, I know the sweater Kyung is wearing. It's a crew neck knit pullover by the South Korean brand Deepstyle. It comes in three colors: black, red, and navy. Kyung is wearing the black one. 




Very Good MISS

Miss? Really? Yep. Zico's hair just ruined me. You can blame Miley Cyrus for that one. Also, I hated being reminded about the rap line being the 3 most recognizable members. It's mainly because of back during the court case, many people thought they were going to break up but, if they did, the rap line (at the very least, Zico and Kyung) would stay together. It sort of reminded everyone just how much more prominent those three were compared to the rest of the group. It's not something I like to think about so, I'm sorry, but minus tons of points guys. I understand that since block B direct themselves, this was probably simply because Zico is much more daring with his fashion and overall more out-going (and the leader). But, the fact that only the 4 prominent members -- Zico, P.O., Park Kyung, and Taeil -- got different colored velvet suits? Not cool, guys, not cool.

Anyway, thanks for reading my Halloween inspired post! It's dedicated to all you BBC's out there!



BONUS: BEFORE I KNEW ALL OF BLOCK B'S NAMES AND SUCH, THE ONLY MEMBER I REALLY KNEW WAS PARK KYUNG BECAUSE HE WAS THE CHICKEN BOY. XD I CALLED HIM THAT, TOO, FOREVER UNTIL I FINALLY LEARNED HIS NAME. I WAS A TERRIBLE EARLY BBC, GUYS, BUT! THERE'RE SO MANY GROUPS AND SO MANY NAMES TO REMEMBER WITH WHICH FACES THAT I COULDN'T AT THE TIME. OTL I KNOW NOW, THOUGH!


Also, I thought I'd include a picture of the [seemingly most popular and/or only] model for Deepstyle, Hyun, wearing the sweater Kyung is wearing in their Be the Light stage! (Hyun is my favorite-est model! He always looks like he's just doing his own thing and the camera just happened to be taking pictures of him. I think he dances or something when he models... Either way, he's adorable and I luff him so, the fact that he modeled the same sweater Kyung wore in my favorite stage of their's is kind of awesome!)

Detailed look of the sweater.
Doesn't he look like he's having a great time? 
Party Rockin' 
At least now I have a reason for stalking Yesstyle's Deepstyle page. Idols wear their clothes! Yeah! All that (completely wasted) time hasn't gone to waste! And Hyun's adorable. So, there's that. xD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got anything you want to say? Leave a comment! (No pressure.)