Pages

Thursday, April 18, 2013

I want to start a blog!

You wanna what? Uh.. okay.. 


So, I read a lot of blogs. A lot of blogs. All kinds of blogs, in fact. Maybe too many sometimes. There are only a few blogs I read kind of religiously, though. Those are the blogs that make me want to have a blog. Not necessarily to vent or save people from my opinion but because I want to make someone think a little differently. Make them stop and go "Huh. I've never thought about it that way." or the more common (in my case at least) "I disagree with everything you'v- oh. *cocks head to the side* That's... pretty amazing." It's always written so nicely, too. So eloquently and thought provoking that even if I disagree, I can understand and almost change my opinion because of how it's written.


That's not the only reason, though. I want to make my own self think a little more deeply. Perhaps it's because most of the blogs I read are written by people out of high school (most are long out of college too, at least according to them) and thus, older than me. Their thoughts are more mature than mine and usually deeper too. They make me think and I like that. The blogs I'm referring to are drama-reviewing blogs. See where I'm going with this? I want to be able to look at the dramas I've watched and NOT just like them (because I'm very easily sucked in). I never know what's going to happen. Even when it's apparently painstakingly obvious what's happening and how it's going to end, I still don't know. The best example I can give is if I'm watching a mystery show, most people seem to be able to figure out the mystery before the final big reveal, y'know? I, on the other hand, cannot. I'll be sitting there, wide-eyed, biting my nails until the very end. I think there's a word for this. Oh. Right. Gullibility.

Seriously?

Yeah, I know. I guess I just look at dramas and their characters very.. black and white sometimes. If the writer's don't want me to know something, I ain't gonna know it. If they do, I might figure it out. Sometimes I don't and that results in some very confusing drama watching, let me tell you. You're just left there thinking, "Did I miss something? How- why- whaaa? When did he- why is she- hgfjdshgjkdshakjgh I don't get it." = =




I also, kind of, sort of, want to comment on everything... Every blog I really really like, I want to comment on. And they're usually long comments. That's when it hit me. "I should write my comments in more detail on my own blog! Yeah! It'll be so awesome! And I'll tell my favorite bloggers about it and see what they think and maybe they'll read it a lot like I read theirs and and and.." I was super excited, as you can see. But, then! Then I realized I don't exactly have the most regular drama-watching schedule. Sometimes I just drop something to not come back to for 6+ months. Oh, yeah, see Hope, that's just great. Such irregular watching means very irregular writing. If you just up and take an internet hiatus, whatcha readers gonna do? They ain't gonna keep readin' if you just don't post nuthin' for sixth months. *Gasp!* That's it! The blooog! If I'm gonna write on a schedule, I'll have to watch on a schedule, too! Well don't I just have this all figured out.

Be prepared for a lot of this.


 This is going to be a mess. *facedesk* Quite the optimist, aren't I?

What I mean to say is: I love all the blogs I read and they've, more or less, inspired me to start my own and try and create as much food for thought for them (and anyone else who might stumble across this and read it) as they have for me. And try and be funny in the process. Or die trying.


Probably die trying. Come to my funeral? There'll be food.

7 comments:

  1. Damn. The font was supposed to be Arial. Why is this so hard! OTL TT TT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried Blogger too when I first started, and I found it less than friendly.. You might want to consider WordPress.. It's more consistent and has more tools in the dashboard. It's way better to try it out now and change now (if you like it) than build a whole blog and then try to migrate everything over.

      Welcome to the blogging world, Hope :)

      Delete
    2. I think I created a WordPress account back in the day. (I'm not old, what am I saying?! lol) I just don't remember my email/password stuff. I'll try it out though, thanks!

      Delete
  2. What you said ^ All of it, haha, is almost why I started blogging too. I think we might even have some of the same influences. xD

    Hope you keep it up! And if you change platforms, do let me know. As a Blogger person, I agree it can get rather annoying at times, and I don't always know why. I've just learned to use html to fix things when it goes haywire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've spent all afternoon on WordPress (I forgot I created an account in like 7th-ish grade) and feel like murdering someone. My sister's been messing around with the Blogger functions and understand how it works but that's about as far as it's going.

      HTML is like if Chinese and some Alien Martian-like language had a love baby (but in English), that's what HTML is to me. I like to consider myself an intelligent person, but I'm sure you can't get any more ignorant when it comes to computers or technology in general. If I wasn't brought up in the digital world, I'd probably be as savvy with a computer as your average Great-great-great Grandmother/father. Three greats are actually probably better at computers than I am!

      AND I READ YOUR BLOG~ Kfangurl's too! You two and Amanda at Outside Seoul are the main people I was talking about. Stephanie at Crazy For Kdrama too! There are a few other's who was more post-specific, while you four were entire-blog-specific. Is that a lot of pressure? :)

      Delete
    2. Loads of pressure! I love it. Bring it on! xD
      I look forward to seeing what you write!

      Delete
  3. Ugh! I'm in a love hate relationship with Blogger. For font, what usually works for me, write it in a word document, make it the font and size you want (even if it's not supported by blogger) and then paste it into the post. This SHOULD work for you. Until it doesn't. That's when I get cheesed off. I've been thinking of switching over to WP, but it seems like a hassle that I just don't have time for.

    Good luck in your blog! You know what helped me at first? Make a schedule. I decided Monday would be my musical post, Tuesday would be my show introduction day, Wednesday a spotlight, and Sunday the review. Now that I'm used to blogging, I've made adjustments but making a schedule or a plan really helped me push through my procrastinator tendencies! And? Only write what you're excited about!

    I hope you keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Got anything you want to say? Leave a comment! (No pressure.)